Sunday, June 13, 2010

Last Day of Training

Hi everyone,

So Tomorrow, I leave my training site and go to kiev, where I will find out where I will be placed for the next two years. Of course this is incredibly exciting. On Thursday I will be officially sworn in as a Peace Corps Volunteer, and then immediately afterward I will head to my site.

This is a very strange transition point in my life. On the one hand, I have just had this amazing three month experience. I have done some amazing work, learned alot about myself, made some lifelong friendships. And yet I sit on the cusp of an even greater adventure, one that will challenge me in all new ways, and whose challenges I cannot begin to grasp.

I will miss my training site. I will miss my friends, and I will miss Natalia, my wonderful host mother. Below is a video with some of my new found friends who have really helped me survive this intense Peace Corps boot camp. It ends just as it should, with Natalia.

As a side note, last night I watched the U.S.- England World Cup match at the local internet cafe, where I am now. Most of the locals were rooting fervently against the U.S.


Ill try and get in a quick post early this week once I find out my location


No comments:

Post a Comment