Saturday, September 4, 2010

trash project

Hey everyone! Below is a slideshow of when some kids and I picked up some trash on our street. We do bi-weekly trash pickups in the neighborhood. Litter is a huge problem here, and actually I have started my first project to combat the issue! I applied for a grant for $500 from this organization to build trash cans in the school shop class. We are then going to place the trash cans around the village, and have the kids set up a volunteer system to collect the trash and bring it to the trash hole that works as the dump.

Anyway, now I need your help! Please go to this website http://appropriateprojects.com/node/333 and read about my project. If you'd like, please then contribute a small amount of money to fund my project. I've already gotten the money, but this organization does its fundraising on the tail end. Please support my project so I can hopefully get more grants in the future. (Note: I am not looking for one major donor. In fact, I'd prefer smaller donations of about 10 dollars. This is a part of Peace Corps Goal 3, bringing it back home) Thanks!

(Note: Slideshow didn't publish. Will try again soon)

No comments:

Post a Comment