Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Hello, fair listeners!

I am excited to present to you the first every music album from the Boyarka School Players, entitled, "Everything, little by little." Composed exclusively by students, we have managed to put together quite the amateur production. Its a wild mix of songs the students wrote themselves, english songs they learned, and Ukrainian songs they already knew. Theres also a little Alphabet variation I concocted, because the guitar chords for the traditional alphabet song were too difficult.

The best song on the album, by far, is "Dream" or in the Ukrainian, "Mriya." It is by one of my favorite students, Katya Verhulatski. My internet is too slow to post the song, but I hope to do that later. For now, enjoy her lyrics---she is a true poet!

Anyone interested in buying an album, please contact my mother at annhappelbaum@gmail.com. She has copies in America for $10 if you pick it up from her in person, $12 if postage is included. All money raised will be used to buy musical equipment for my school. As a disclaimer, this is a direct fundraiser for my school, not a Peace Corps fundraising device, and all the money will be specifically used for the purposes of buying equipment for the school.

Enjoy listening!

Dream, by Katya Verhulatski

What does a dream mean to you?
Is it the hope of your life?
Is it the wind of your thoughts?

Let your dreams fly up into the sky,
If you look around, everything is so truly beautiful.
Let your soul sing, sing,
And do not forget your dream.

I have a dream, but it is protected
From all that could harm it
So that you and I can be happy.

Let your dreams fly up into the sky
If you look around, everything is so truly beautiful
Let your soul to sing, to sing
And do not forget your dream

And allow your soul to sing, to sing
And do not forget your dream

No comments:

Post a Comment