Sunday, April 25, 2010

Dancing in Ukraine

Hey everybody,

So below I have posted a new video. There are four main things going on in this video. The first is my classmates and I shopping at the local market and then cooking a meal for ourselves while speaking in Ukranian. The beautiful apron belongs to Rachel, but she thought it looked better on me.

The second batch of clips is from a regular day of language class. We have four hours of language every day, so that is probably the best image of my day to day life.

The third batch is from my first day of class. I taught on stress management, which is ironic because teaching a class in a language i dont understand is pretty fucking stressful.

The fourth batch is from a rather interesting day of dancing at Volodia's hosue after we got distracted when Volodia told us he used to be a member of the Ukranian Youth National Folk dancing team.

Anyway, enjoy the video, and the authentic Ukranian (well, actually its a Ukranian musician but sung in Russian) music.

Also, I am please to say that Dora is doing a lot better. She has begun eating normally and her and I played in the yard earlier today.

Oh, and I took my first bucket shower this morning. Kind of enjoyed it, but i cut myself on the rope bringing water up from the well.



5 comments:

  1. I see you are mastering our dance move "prysjadka". And tell the girls they are doing very good job with kolopalochka. Watching this video made me miss the days when I use to dance back in Ukraine. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like this vid, jeremy u clearly are a gifted dancer

    ReplyDelete
  3. and see...i read your blog

    ReplyDelete